Are you thinking of buying or selling property on Corfu island – Greece?
Are you seeking for a legal professional?
A qualified legal professional is an essential part in the often surprisingly complex process of buying or selling property.There are many issues that aren’t present in other everyday transactions that may need to be addressed.
– A lawyer will help you avoid /solve some potential problems / legal issues related to the transaction such as when the property you are buying is in probate or foreclosure.
– A lawyer will negotiate on your behalf, will make sure that the contract adheres to all country laws and will address any specific issues that might affect the future use of the property.
– A lawyer will do the extremely vital service of title search. Title searches can be completed only by lawyers and their purpose is to make sure that the property being sold is free of any encumbrances, such as liens or judgements. The outcome of the title search is very important because it reveals whether the seller has the legal right to sell the property in question. In case the title search reveals that the seller must first pay a lien or outstanding court judgement before his or her property can legally be sold, the lawyer is the only that will be able to secure proofs that those judgements and/or liens have been satisfied.
– A lawyer will be able to obtain quickly and efficiently your tax identification number from the country as well as establish your corporation or sole proprietorship as a valid business entity for tax purposes.
– A lawyer will ensure that the contract is consistent with the law but also that the terms of the deal in no way violate the partnership’s, trust’s or corporation’s charter agreements.
– A lawyer will offer you quality legal advice to guide you through the world of ‘conveyancing’, this multi-step process that requires expert knowledge of property law and is not something that somebody without a background in the law should attempt to action without assistance.
– Finally, throughout the process, a lawyer will serve your best interests giving you his/her knowledge and expertise from the time you decide to sell or to buy a home until the actual closing.